Have You Been Hurt by a Dangerous or Defective Product?
Product manufacturers and distributors have the responsibility to ensure that their products are safe from defects and that any potential hazards have clear warnings. This includes products of every shape and size, including automobiles, tractors, industrial equipment, and prescription drugs. When accidents and injuries occur because of defective and dangerous products, victims may be able to bring product liability claims against the manufacturers of those products. If you have been injured as a result of a product defect, it is important to have an experienced product liability lawyer on your side.
At the Jack Bailey Law Corporation our personal injury lawyers understand that unsafe products can cause serious injuries and can have a dramatic impact on the lives of injury victims. We will help you pursue the compensation that you need for the recovery process, including medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What Makes a Product Defective?
A product can be considered defective when:
- There is a defect in the manufacturing process.
- A product can be defective due to a factory error or poor workmanship, which poses a safety hazard to the user.
- The product is not properly designed.
- Design defects exist even if a product is properly manufactured—missing safety features, defective materials, and inadequate product testing can lead to injury.
- There is a failure to provide proper warnings or instructions.
- Products must feature warning labels that alert users to any potential safety hazards, and instructions that explain how to safely operate products.
Product liability claims can arise from a variety of products—defects can occur in medical devices or even items purchased off of local store shelves. If you aren‘t sure if you have a defective product case, our legal staff can help answer your questions and protect your legal rights.